Statement on Pupil Premium Provision
Regents Park Community College ensures everyone achieves more than they ever thought possible by:
- Maximising academic success for all through the relentless pursuit of excellent teaching and learning
- Understanding and caring fully for each individual through the continuous development of outstanding relationships for learning
- Working in partnership with parents/carers and our community to achieve excellence for all
Effective use of Pupil Premium (PP) Grant 2015/16
In April 2011 the Government introduced the Pupil Premium Grant. The purpose of this funding is to enable schools to meet the needs of children from low income families and to support them in meeting academic targets. Schools are free to decide how this funding is spent.
During the financial year 2015/16, Regents Park Community College was allocated funding for students who have claimed free school meals at any time in the past six years and this amounts to a Pupil Premium funding.
Students entitled to Pupil Premium funding at RPCC have been supported with the following support strategies :
- One to one tuition or small group work
- Pastoral and behaviour support
- Alternative and flexible curriculum provision
- Parent support advisor
- Counselling services
- Mentoring schemes
- Access to curriculum visits and enrichment activities
- Subsidised music tuition
- Additional time set aside for tracking
- Additional PE kit available
- Staff training around effective feedback/guidance
- Academic mentoring
- Aspirational mentoring
In August 2016 Year 11 P.P students at Regents Park performed extremely well in their GCSEs. Student progress is now judged by the progress 8 performance measure. Our Year 11 P.P students achieved a Progress 8 score of 0.31, which is significantly above the performance of students nationally. Infact in the open element of the Progress 8 figure (often choice subjects) P.P students made so much progress they were ranked in the top 5% nationally.
See below a breakdown of the finance for Pupil premium