Year 7 Catch-up Funding
Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Funding
The literacy and numeracy catch-up funding provides schools with an additional £500 for each Year 7 student who did not achieve at least Level 4 in reading and/or Maths at the end of Key Stage 2.
In 2017 those students who entered Regents Park with below level 4 in English and Maths made outstanding progress. The progress 8 score for this group of students, who received the extra support through the catch up funding, was 0.90. This was significantly more progress than other students of this ability nationally. This progress meant that they performed in the top 4% of all schools nationally.
Strategy for 2017-18
For the current academic year we expect to receive in the region of £13,000 for the literacy and numeracy catch-up funding.
This is currently being used as follows:
- The employment of literacy and numeracy teachers to facilitate in school, small group literacy and numeracy programmes.
- Small literacy and numeracy withdrawal groups including 1:1 with focused literacy and numeracy interventions.
- Reading and spelling tests to assess progress.
- Maths and English catch-up sessions.
- The Accelerated Reader Programme that all Year 7 catch-up students use weekly.
- The Accelerated Maths Programme that all Year 7 catch-up students use weekly.
- Literacy/numeracy interventions through the learning support department.
- Whole school promotion of literacy and numeracy e.g. World Book Day
- Additional staff training to ensure best practice in supporting and intervening to make rapid progress in numeracy and literacy.