Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of Creative Arts. Here you will find a whole range of exciting and creative opportunities.
First and foremost is the extensive list of after school clubs, including, but not limited to:
- Young Accapella, where your vocal skills will be put to the test;
- Arts Award Club in which students can receive Bronze level or Gold level 3 qualifications
- Musical Theatre Club, in which your skills will be honed through practice and effort
- Key Stage 3 & 4 Art Clubs, in which you can practise all the aspects of art, from simple shading, to pottery and beyond
- Photography competitions are also run in which young Ansel Adams’ will refine their talents and expertise with digital media
- The annual school production where the more dramatically inclined perform on stage and where the school band will perform live music alongside the dancers and thespians!
- And of course Rock Challenge, where all creative genres combine in a spectacular performance of music, theatre, and dance.
We also cater for those who, while not thespians by heart, have some level of technical knowledge and an interest in backstage and lighting and sound management. Key Stage 3 students are trained to do all of this and play an instrumental role in all productions
With this wide selection, there is always something to do, whether you want to be a technician, support in the creation and running of the all school performances, or if you want to burst onto the stage singing and dancing. There is no limit to what you can do!